Distinguished Graduate Award
Your involvement with the Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship can be formally recognised on your academic transcript through the University’s Co-curricular Recognition Programme.
With enough hours clocked through specific programmes and activities, you can earn a University of Auckland Distinguished Graduate Award. This prestigious accolade is designed to formally recognise the more practical aspects of your university experience to signify to prospective employers the wide range of skills you have developed and the holistic approach you have taken to your university education.
If you have participated in CIE programmes in the last couple of years, you can apply to have your participation accredited towards a Distinguished Graduate Award.
How to receive an award
To receive a University of Auckland Distinguished Graduate Award you will need to:
- Complete at least two CCR Programme Paths out of the options of Innovation Path, Community Engagement Path, Global Citizens Path, Leadership Path. This involves completing a total of 80 hours experience.
- Attend the University of Auckland Distinguished Graduate Workshop provided by the Student Engagement Office.
- Attend an interview with one panel member. (This interview will be based on the student experience.)
CIE activities included in the programme
- Summer Lab
- VentureLab participant
- VentureLab volunteer
- Velocity Launchpad participant
- Solve It
- Velocity Ideas Hackathon
Professional Development Workshops
Completion of the following can be counted as part of the 40 hours for the Innovation Path or as a Professional Development Workshop:
- All 6 of the Makerspace Equipment Trainings (3D Printer, CNC Router, Laser Cutter, Soldering Station, Vinyl Cutter and Sewing Machine); and,
- All 4 of the Te Ahi Hangarau Technology Hub Trainings (Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence, 5G, Internet of Things)
Our online on-demand workshops Adobe Illustrator Introduction and Python Programming Introduction, are also eligible.
If you would like advice on the University of Auckland Distinguished Graduate Award, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.