Distinguished Graduate Award
Your involvement with the Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship can be formally recognised on your academic transcript through the University’s Co-curricular Recognition Programme.
With enough hours clocked through specific programmes and activities, you can earn a University of Auckland Distinguished Graduate Award. This prestigious accolade is designed to formally recognise the more practical aspects of your university experience to signify to prospective employers the wide range of skills you have developed and the holistic approach you have taken to your university education.
If you have participated in CIE programmes in the last couple of years, you can apply to have your participation accredited towards a Distinguished Graduate Award.
How to receive an award
To receive a University of Auckland Distinguished Graduate Award you will need to:
- Complete at least two CCR Programme Paths out of the options of Innovation Path, Community Engagement Path, Global Citizens Path, Leadership Path. This involves completing a total of 80 hours experience
- Attend a further two professional development workshops
- Complete a written reflection
CIE activities included in the programme
Professional Development Workshops
- Creative Inspiration and Design Workshop
- Python Coding Workshop
- Web Development Basics Workshop
- Arduino Electronics 101 Workshop – Coming Soon
- Block Coding and Programming Logic Workshop – Coming Soon
- AR/VR Workshop – Coming Soon
Completion of all 7x of the Unleash Space Equipment Trainings (3D Printer, 3D Scanner, CNC Router, Laser Cutter, Soldering Station, Vinyl Cutter and Sewing Machine) can be counted as part of the 40 hours for this path OR as Professional Development Workshops.
If you would like advice on the University of Auckland Distinguished Graduate Award, you can reach Campus Life through this form.