A dedicated co-working space, Start-up Studio is actively used by a group of entrepreneurs and start-ups using Unleash Space as their home and place of work in 2020.
Who is it designed for?
Start-up Studio is open to students and staff members who are actively working on building a start-up. We have the capacity to support 20 teams. Once we reach our maximum number, we are happy to put your name on a waitlist and stay in touch.
Mentoring and resources
Members of Start-up Studio receive:
- Free co-working space for 1 term (on a hot desk basis, subject to availability)
- A locker for 1 term
- Access to mentors
- Goal setting and progress reporting with CIE
- Profile building through CIE networks
- Participation in two Start-up Showcases per annum (UoA Open Day and Unleash Space Showcase)
- Postal address that start-ups can use
- Membership of the Start-up Studio café sessions (Collaborative, Accountability for Entrepreneurs)
This includes Breakfast sessions on (for example):
- Resilience for founders
- Digital prototyping
- Life balance
- When to raise funds
- How to build networks
- Developing your MVP/Prototype/Technology Roadmap
- IP Strategy and Protection
- Company Structure – Shareholder Agreements Seminar
- Valuation and Accounting for start-ups
- Marketing Analytics, SEO, Tactics/Digital Marketing, B2B
- Brand Strategy
The Unleash Space is open to Start-up Studio members, seven days a week, from 7am till 10pm (exceptions may apply.)
How to get involved
If you’re keen to be a part of Start-up Studio, you’re actively working on a start-up, and you’re a current student or staff of the University of Auckland, please email Programme Manager Judith Marececk at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an intake conversation to assess how CIE can best support your start-up.