VentureLab Volunteers Programme
Business School students are invited to gain hands-on experience in a start-up through the VentureLab Volunteers Programme. Lend your skills to an emerging start-up and learn new skills you can take into business in the future.
All four winning start-ups are now looking for volunteers to support the growth and development of their venture; to be part of small teams tackling large, global problems.
Please note, these are not paid opportunities however we believe these unique roles offer significant growth opportunities because you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain understanding of what it takes to build a high-growth business from the outset;
- Gain insight into the skills and mindset needed to bring to life global visions; and
- Be part of a small team taking part in the VentureLab programme – building capability through the mentoring, workshops and guidance provided
- Participation in the VentureLab Volunteers programme will be recognised by the co-curricular recognition programme and can earn you points towards achieving a University of Auckland Distinguished Graduate Award
“I’ve really enjoyed the responsibility the role puts on me. I work directly with the CEO, and provide regular updates on the research I’ve been conducting as the process continues. Importantly for me, I’m providing personal recommendations on the actions I think AVASA should take to the CEO, as if I was a strategy consultant for the business.”
– Samuel Smith, Finance and International Business student
Read more about last year’s participants’ experience:
Business School students enter the start-up world