University of Auckland students are invited to gain hands-on experience in a start-up through the Start-up Interns programme. Lend your skills to an early-stage venture and learn new skills, geared to accelerate your future.
This programme is open for application to all current undergraduate and postgraduate students at the University of Auckland. Apply now. Places are limited!
About Start-up Interns
Start-up Interns (formerly Start-up Volunteers/VentureLab Volunteers) is a bespoke programme designed to give University of Auckland students work experience with a start-up. Participating ventures offering intern opportunities are part of CIE’s VentureLab incubator.
As a Start-up Intern, you will:
- Gain insight into the skills and mindset needed to accelerate an early-stage venture
- Play to your strengths and interests – you will be matchmade with a company based on whether there is a match between their needs and yours
- Develop valuable skills, networks and experience to help with your future career
- Be part of a small team, enjoying the camaraderie of working together to make amazing things happen!
Your participation in this programme will also be recognised by the University of Auckland’s co-curricular recognition programme and can earn you points towards achieving a University of Auckland Distinguished Graduate Award, recognised on your official academic transcript.
Read more about past participants’ experience
“Just going for it and taking the leap was the best decision I ever made!…Working with start-ups helped me figure out what I like and dislike, and meet some really wonderful people.” – Sejal Bhan
Timing and commitment
Intern opportunities will take place between April and July with timing to be agreed upon between you and the start-up.
To get involved, submit your application via the form below.
Find out what the start-ups are looking for:
- Web Developer
- Social Media Marketing
- Engineer with experience (work or hobby) in AI, python coding and web applications
- A passion for the environment, preferably with a data science background and programming skills in python
- Market research and business development skills
If you recognise yourself in any of the above, apply now. Applications close on Sunday 20th March. For those selected, you’ll receive an email invite for an interview with the start-up, before you’re confirmed as a 2022 Start-up Intern.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please email the Programme Coordinator at email@example.com