How to start a company in New Zealand
New Zealand is one of the easiest countries in the world for starting a company. From a purely administrative point of view it takes about 10 minutes to set-up a company. That is, once you have a good idea and you know where to start.
- From the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Economic Development – an abundance of practical tips, tools and guides to plan, set-up and fund your business. Learn more
- Check if the business name you’ve selected is available. Learn more
- There are different ways to structure your business. Explore your options to help choose the right structure for you. Learn more
- The New Zealand Companies office is the place to register your company. Find out what you should know before registering your company. Learn more
- To start a business, you’ll need money. There are many ways to go about funding a business, and we have a section dedicated to that. As a start though, you’ll need a Business Bank account. The link here goes to an independent website with an overview of New Zealand banks and pros and cons. You’ll have to do some homework to select the bank that suits your specific circumstances best. Learn more