Founders Hatchery helps entrepreneurs build and grow successful businesses. It is a free three month programme open to staff and students at the University of Auckland.
If you’re looking to seize 2020 by the horns, grow your skills as an entrepreneur, and take your venture to the world – then Founders Hatchery is for you.
Through Founders Hatchery you will:
- Develop skills as leaders within an entrepreneurial team
- Build team alignment and processes
- If you’re a single founder – understand the skill sets you need to bring on board, and in what capacity
- Scope the market for your product or service
- Develop and validate your business model
- For social ventures – develop and validate your impact model
- Be supported by a mentor with industry experience relevant to your team
Who is it designed for?
Founders Hatchery is specifically designed for people who are already working on an entrepreneurial idea or venture, are keen to build their capabilities for success and would benefit from focused support to take their venture to the next level.
This programme is open to University of Auckland students and staff who meet the following criteria:
- Are working on an entrepreneurial idea or venture, as a founder or co-founder of that venture;
- Your team has at least one co-founder that is a University of Auckland student or staff member;
- There is a product, prototype, or the team is actively working towards this;
- Have undertaken some initial market validation;
- Are available to attend all of the Founders Hatchery workshops
This programme is open to University of Auckland students from any faculty, or stage of study.
Founders Hatchery is a series of modules, covering key foundational topics:
- Leadership and team
- Market and opportunity
- Commercial model
Content will be covered through a series of workshops, and will require discussions, and group work outside of scheduled workshop time.
Mentoring and resources
By joining Founders Hatchery you’ll also get:
- Invitation to work out of our co-working space Startup Studio – including white boards, stationery, post its, canvases and tea and coffee!
- Bookable private meeting rooms within the Unleash Space
- Access and support from our Entrepreneur in Residence
- Access to a variety of subject matter experts through our Expert Hours
- Ability to use our state of the art Create and Maker Space for prototyping
- Networking opportunities within the innovation and entrepreneurship eco-system
Timing and commitment
Founders Hatchery is designed as a light touch programme that participants can fit around their other commitments. Participants will be expected to attend six workshops over the three month period.
In addition to the workshops, there will be fortnightly check-ins with a mentor, and work to complete with your team in between workshops.
Applications for Founders Hatchery for 2020 are now closed.