Job vacancy – Creative Technologists (Casual)
Unleash Space is the University of Auckland’s vibrant innovation hub and maker space. It’s a place where people can play, experiment and prototype to make whatever they can imagine.
We’re looking for University of Auckland students to join our team of Creative Technologists (CT) at Unleash Space’s Maker Space. This is a paid casual position where CTs are rostered around their workload, sharing responsibility to ensure that our programme of equipment training and workshops runs as scheduled.
What you will do as a CT:
- Run equipment practice sessions.
- Run interactive workshops.
- Supervise the space and help members with their projects.
- Maintain equipment.
- Keep the Maker Space tidy and organised.
- Upskill and become proficient in using all equipment in the space. You don’t need to know how to do everything already – we will train you in equipment you are unfamiliar with.
What we are looking for:
- Reliability – Shows up for shifts on time.
- Capacity – Can contribute up to 10 hours per week (varies)
- Passion – Loves making things, whether it’s sewing clothes, electronic inventions, or origami! Be excited to learn new things and share your existing passion with others.
- Initiative – Sees tasks that need to be done and does them.
- Collaboration – Works well with other CTs to run workshops.
- Communication – Transparent when situations arise and can effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Get paid to learn or advance your skills in using a 3D scanner and printer, laser cutter, vinyl cutter, sewing station, CNC router, vacuum former, soldering and desoldering station, and mobile photo studio.
- Develop facilitation skills.
- Connect with like-minded people with a passion for making.
- Flexible work around study commitments, on campus.
- Gain experience and networks to advance your career.
Expression of interest closing date: 11 June 2021
All eligible candidates will be contacted directly with a request for a formal application.
If you have any questions regarding the form or the position, please email the Maker Space Coordinator, Hayden at email@example.com